You’re In Good Hands
That’s why thousands of Missoulians have chosen our board certified team of surgeons for over 25 years.
Dr. J. Bradley Pickhardt, a board certified general surgeon for over 25 years, is known for his expert skill and compassion at Missoula Surgical Associates.
- Trauma Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery
- Breast Surgery
- General/Laparoscopic Surgery
- Venous Disease
Dr. Pickhardt’s practice philosophy: “My team and I feel honored and privileged to work on the tough clinical problems that our patients are facing. As a team we strive to get our patients back to their lives and families feeling better and healed. My goal is to provide state of the art, compassionate, elective and emergent care for all of Western Montana. It is such an honor to be able to help during these difficult times, easing suffering, helping to educate patients about their choices and their disease so that they are able to make informed medical decisions and restore health.”
Dr. Pickhardt completed his undergraduate degree at Harding University in Searcy, Arkansas. After earning his medical degree from the University of Arkansas, Dr. Pickhardt served his residency at the University of Colorado in Denver, Colorado.
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Dr. Pickhardt is affiliated with the following professional organizations:
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
- Fellow of The American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Fellow of the American Association for the Surgery of Trauma
- Montana-Wyoming Chapter of the American College of Surgeons
- International Federation of Bariatric Surgery
- Western Trauma Association
- Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons
- American Society of Breast Surgeons
- Montana Medical Association
- In addition to his board certification with the American Board of Surgery, Dr. Pickhardt is also certified as a course director and instructor for Advanced Trauma and Life Support (ATLS).
Dr. Pickhardt currently holds the following offices:
- Medical Director of Trauma Services, St. Patrick Hospital Missoula, MT
- Medical Director, Montana Center for the Surgical Treatment of Obesity, St. Patrick Hospital, Missoula, MT
- Surgical Director, Intensive Care Unit, St. Patrick Hospital, Missoula, MT
- Montana State Trauma Care Committee Chair
- Member, Western Regional Trauma Advisory Committee (WRTAC)
- Chair, Montana Chapter of American College of Surgeons
- Medical Director, Snowbowl Ski Patrol
- Surgical Advisor, Missoula Emergency Services
Dr. Pickhardt’s teaching appointments include the following:
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery University of Washington
- Faculty Affiliate University of Montana, Family Medicine Residency of Western Montana
OTHER OUTREACH ACTIVITIES
Dr. Pickhardt also served as Chief Medical Correspondent for KPAX TV between 2006 and 2012.
When he’s not performing surgery, teaching ATLS courses or performing duties for one of his many medical director positions, you can find Dr. Pickhardt skiing, biking and enjoying all the outdoor activities that Western Montana has to offer. You can contact Dr. Pickhardt at Missoula Surgical Associates at 406.542.7525