As a board certified surgeon, Dr. Charles Swannack has built a reputation for being an expert in the complex world of general and venous surgery.
- Robotic Surgery
- Venous Disease
- Bariatric Surgery
- General/Laparoscopic Surgery
- Trauma Surgery
Dr. Swannack’s practice philosophy: “I enjoy a demanding surgery that asks for my full attention and gives me a chance to apply my skills and experience. I also love the comradeship that is involved in taking care of sick patients. I am blessed with being able to surround myself with excellent people that make me look good. But the best part of this job is the grateful patient that appreciates me and my team after we have worked diligently to give them the best of care. That is why I love being a surgeon.”
Dr. Swannack completed his undergraduate degree at Washington State University and went on to earn his Master’s from Georgetown University in Washington D.C. He graduated from Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans before completing his residency at the University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City, Kansas.
In addition to his work with patients, Dr. Swannack serves as a clinical instructor for the Department of Surgery at the University of Washington.
Dr. Swannack is affiliated with the following professional organizations:
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
- Fellow of the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Montana-Wyoming Chapter of the American College of Surgeons
- Montana Medical Association
Dr. Swannack has held the following offices throughout his medical career:
- Current Governor of the American College of Surgery
- Previous Chairman of the Montana-Wyoming Chapter of the American College of Surgeons
- Previous Chief of the Department of Surgery St. Patrick Hospital
When he is not working in the clinic or operating room, Dr. Swannack enjoys hiking, running and kayaking. To schedule a consultation with him, you may contact his office at Missoula Surgical Associates at 406.542.7525